Gloria Smith - Medicare Information in Tucson, Casa Grande and Maricopa - Arizona - AZ
I n s u r a n c e  C o n s u l t i n g  S e r v i c e s
What Is A Flood?

Anywhere it rains, it can flood. A flood is a general and temporary condition where two or
more acres of normally dry land or two or more properties are inundated by water or
mudflow. Many conditions can result in a flood, such as, hurricanes, broken levees,
outdated or clogged drainage systems and rapid accumulation of rainfall.

Does My Home Owners Policy Cover Flooding?
No. Flood damage is not typically covered by a Home Owners Insurance policy.

All rights reserved.

All information contained on this website is deemed to be accurate. No warranties are
implied. Consultation with a licensed insurance agent is critical in evaluating and
selecting any and all policies, plans and coverage. Requesting information is a public
service and does not obligate a site visitor in any way. All selected plans and policies
are subject to final approval as provided by law.
Yahooooooo! I could not believe
that I have been paying over
$1,000 a year more than I needed
to for my Auto and Home Owner
Insurance; for the exact same
coverage. I was with a very well
known company and Gloria Smith
placed my business with another
equally well known company and
saved me a lot of money. The
spreadsheet that she prepared
showing the side by side coverage
really made it easy to me to

Why Do I Need Flood Insurance? My Community Has Never Been Flooded.

Flooding occurs in moderate to low risk areas as well as in high risk areas. Poor drainage systems, rapid accumulation of rainfall,
snowmelt, and broken water mains can all result in flood. Properties on a hillside can be damaged by mudflow, a covered peril under
the Standard Flood Insurance Policy.

For these reasons, Flood Insurance is required by law for buildings in high risk flood areas as a condition of receiving a mortgage
from a federally regulated or insured lender.

Who Do I Contact If I Want To Purchase A Flood Insurance Policy?

The National Flood Insurance Program has an arrangement with private insurance companies to sell and service Flood Insurance
Policies. A list of private insurance companies that sell and service NFIP Flood Insurance policies is available to you. The rates are
determined by the Federal Government, but individual Insurance Agents, market and place the policies.

Is There A Low Cost Policy For Homes In Moderate To Low Risk Areas?

Yes. The Preferred Risk Policy is available in moderate to low risk areas for as little as $119 per year.

Can I Get Flood Insurance If I Am Renting A Property?

If you live in a community that participates in the NFIP, you can get Flood Insurance to cover the contents of your home or business.

Source: Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Agent Information    |    Medicare Seminars   |    Contact Us    |    Home
QUOTES & APPLICATIONS   |   Auto   |   Business   |   Home Owners   |   Flood   |   Life   |   Health & Disability   |   Medicare